No Feed Losses – Maximal Hygiene
“Nutrix+ 2.0”, the new level in suckling piglet feeding
Higher litter numbers also require larger amounts of milk of the mother animals. These amounts cannot always be made available by the mother sow. The new “Nutrix+2.0“ Suckling Piglet Feeding of WEDA Dammann & Westerkamp supports the mother sow in feeding and thus ensures optimal animal protection. This way, new standards are set for the feeding of suckling piglets. The best technology is made available in order to meet even more with the consumers’ demands for more animal wellbeing and for the most minimal animal losses in the piglet domain.
As a fully automatic multiphase feeding system, the Nutrix+ 2.0 of WEDA feeds out all kinds of feed absolutely in line with the requirements. This means: no feed losses and a maximum of hygiene. This is made possible by a new kind of trough shape and by a sophisticated computer control.
Due to micro dosifications of only 30 to 40 g per trough feeding, fresh feed is at all times made available for all animals. The unique shape of the trough with an isle in the centre ensures additional hygiene: already at a filling level of 0.07 l, a “Full” report will be sent to the system. A further novelty: a computer provides up to 600 farrowing places for 24 hours a day without any problems. The “around the clock” provision corresponds with the appetite of the piglets because during the night, the piglets are almost feeding the same amounts as during the day.
Special Features and Advantages At A Glance:
- Runs autonomously and is easily retro-fittable
- Special valves ensure needs-oriented
dosification of smallest amounts
- More than 1 kg more weaning weight and at
least 3 kg more in the fattening per piglet
- 16 piglets per mother sow can be nourished
without any problems
- Unique trough shape with “isle”
- Animals do not step into the feed and there
are no dead corners
- Trough is easy to clean due to optional tilting
- By means of lye rinsing the suckling piglet
feeding system is also self-cleaning
- Weekly schedule for the cleaning is
adjustable at the computer
- Multiphase feeding
- Accustoming of the gastrointestinal tract to
the following piglet feed
- The mother sow clearly loses less weight.